Management of Portfolios (MoP®) Practitioner + examen
Management of Portfolios (MoP®) provides advice and examples of how to apply principles, practices, and techniques that together enable the most effective balance of organisational change and business as usual. This course engages with the students to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of MoP®.
MoP® is a Registered Trade Mark of Axelo
The MoP® Practitioner qualification is aimed at those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realisation. It is relevant to all those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives including:
- Members of management boards and Directors of Change
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs)
- Portfolio, Programme, Project, Business Change, and Benefits Managers
- Business Case writers and project appraisers
The objective of the course is to prepare students for the MoP® Practitioner level examination. To confirm understanding of the MoP® principles, cycles, practices, techniques, roles and documentation. A successful Practitioner candidate should be able to apply and understand how to tailor MoP effectively. And, with suitable support, be able to advise on the implementation of appropriate practices, techniques, and apply the method to a live portfolio.
Specifically candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- Define the business case to get senior management approval for portfolio management
- Plan the implementation of portfolio management
- Select and adapt MoP® principles, practices and techniques to suit different organisational environments
- Evaluate examples of MoP® information (including documents and role descriptions)
- Analyze the solutions adopted in relation to a given scenario.
Module 1 Examination Overview
- An overview of the MoP® Practitioner exam – length, number and type of questions, etc
Module 2 Implement, sustain and measure
- Identify appropriate approaches when implementing, sustaining, and measuring portfolio management for a given scenario
- Analyse whether recommended approaches to implementing, sustaining, and measuring portfolio management have been undertaken appropriately in the context of a given scenario, with reasons
Module 3 Portfolio definition cycle
- Apply and tailor the practices and techniques of the portfolio definition cycle to a scenario
- Identify appropriate practices and techniques within the portfolio definition cycle
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of portfolio definition practices and techniques to a scenario
Module 4 Portfolio delivery cycle
- Apply and tailor the practices, techniques and responsibilities of the portfolio delivery cycle to a scenario
- Identify appropriate practices and techniques within the portfolio delivery cycle
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of portfolio delivery practices to a scenario
- Analyse whether the approaches adopted are appropriate, with reasons, in a given scenario
Module 5 Roles and documentation
- Apply and tailor MoP® to a scenario.
- Identify appropriate application of the main portfolio management roles identified in MoP
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of the syllabus area to a scenario.
- Analyse whether, the specified roles have been involved appropriately, with reasons
- Identify appropriate information, using typical contents, for inclusion in the relevant portfolio documentation
- Analyse whether the portfolio documentation is fit for purpose, with reasons
MoP-F, Management of Portfolios Foundation
Candidates will have to have passed the Foundation exam before attempting the Practitioner exam.